Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Reason For The Season

"Tis' the season". But, what is the season exactly? For millions of people, it is the celebration of Christmas, the time of year when we remember the night that God gave his only Son to us so that we may all obtain salvation.

Sometimes that message can be lost amongst the lights and gift giving that consumes the month of December. Now don't get me wrong, I love the lights and festivities. It gives me that great warm fuzzy feeling.

This December, however, has been full of sadness as I have just lost my Grandmother. On December 11th, 2007, the Lord called my grandma home and we are left here on earth mourn her passing. It's a strange feeling of both sadness and joy as we remember just how much we will miss her, while we rejoice that she is now in Heaven and that we will see her again, even though it will not be here on Earth.

Love is the reason for the season. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, so that those whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have ever lasting life." Let us never forget this. Because of God's love, we have a chance for salvation and peace.

We give gifts because we love to see our friends and family happy. Because we love them. As long as we keep this important fact about Christmas alive, no manner of evil, corporate shallowness, or political correctness can ruin Christmas

1 comment:

Big Daddy G said...

I think that this was a great post "SFC". I know what you are going thru, and I am so proud of you. I know your Grandma loved you very much, and that you were a blessing to her even as a baby. You were always sweet to her, and she really loved you.

Love Dad =O)