Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A new year, a new post. Thoughts of the campaign trail

Yes, it's the new year. It's also going to be a very political year. This is of course very interesting for me, and devistating for other members of my family who will now have to deal with the TV constantly being tuned onto Fox News, MSNBC and CNN (Yes, I watch all three). Both the left and the right will be considering this to be the race that determines the fate of our nation.

However, don't think that if a Republican wins, that everything will be great. There are a lot of RINOs in the race this year, and it is up to us to remind them that we pull the strings. We, the true conservatives.

McCain has always bugged me. Should he get in, his love fest with illegal immigrants and friendly relations to uber-leftists will have to be under close scrutiny.

I, like many other Republicans are still undecided. Quite frankly, I wish there was another choice. (And no, I don't mean Ron Paul) Out of all those running, I tend to like Romney and Thompson the best. But at any rate, I would vote for just about anyone other than Hillary or Obama.

We are not electing a king after all. Just because we get a GOP president doesn't mean that we can all start relaxing. Take Bush for example. If it were not for the powerful outrage against "shamnesty" and the appointing of leftist, Harriiet Myers and the support of giving our eastern ports to Dubai, Bush would have approved all those things.

Should the unthinkable happen and Hillary or Obama get in, it could in some ways be a blessing in disguise. Nothing, short of another terrorist attack on our soil can mobilize the right quite like a Hillary/Communist Healthcare scheme or Obama/Terrorist Love fest.

No comments: