Friday, February 1, 2008

If McCain wins

If Senator John "RINO" McCain wins the party's nomination, then my faith in the Republican party will be extremely damaged. I may not even vote. Or worse yet, consider voting for.......Hillary. BLEAH!!!

I never, ever thought I would say such a thing. Such is my disgust with McCain. I would rather have an enemy in the White House, than an enemy who claims to by my ally. I am hoping for a Romney victory, but even then I will not be as happy.

The shame is that this year I finally registered as a declared Republican for the first time. I had always been a conservative individual who always voted Republican, but I never joined because I am not a party loyalist Per Se. I am an American first and foremost. If anyone tries to destroy my country, they will find me in their way. If the Republican party decides that it is more important to win elections, even with the wrong individuals, then I will have to fight them as well.

It's sad really. I was just named the San Francisco Republican Party's volunteer of the month. So it's not as if I am just some closet liberal. I love what the party traditionally stands for. I hate what it is becoming.

No more will I allow the argument of, "choosing the lesser of two evils" dictate how I vote. But it may be important, as my father had mentioned, that we get our butts kicked a little to empower the conservative base. Maybe we need a few years of Clinton to enrage the right and get it back on track.

Well, if McCain gets nominated, it will be a lose lose situation. And when the country starts to crumble, I would rather it be a Democrat in the hot seat instead of a Republican.

No comments: