Friday, June 6, 2008

Lessons I Learned From A Drunk Republican

I volunteered to help sign up citizens to vote last weekend behind a line of ironing boards acting as a portable table at the Union Street festival. As you could imagine, signing up Republicans in San Francisco would be met with resistance by the liberal elitists.

While there, I was accused of being a war monger, challenged by several liberals and even accused of wanting to "Lynch" little old ladies in the bay area. Needless to say, I had a blast. Call me crazy, but I rather enjoy the tension and confrontations.

With San Francisco being so one sided, it is nice to blast their single minded world view with a hefty dose of Conservatism. The poor close minded fools.

The day started to wind down with the festival and some people had already had a bit too much to drink. This included a middle aged Jewish Republican who decided to spend the next half hour talking about how disgraceful our showing (IE our shanty of a sign up desk made up of ironing boards) was.

He would slur, "Is thish the besht you republicans can get?! What are ya' even tryin' to do? Thish is pathetic!" The insults kept coming. And for some parts, I sympathized with him. The GOP after all has been shooting itself in the foot for over a decade now and the conservative base is weary of the GOP's waning from its core beliefs.

He asked what it was I hoped to accomplish behind the shabby table. I told him, "As much as I can." He laughed and told me it was pointless. A man scorned by his own party. It's not like I didn't relate. Here we have a lame excuse for a candidate who is almost as liberal as his opponents running under the Republican banner, continuing the dreadful course to liberalism, country club conservatism and rejection of conservative values.

I watched him whine and eventually he left. But it was his actions I learned from that day. Or rather his lack of action. Normally it would be a fight against the left and the Democrat party, but now and in the dark days ahead, it will be against the Democrats and the usurpers trying to destroy conservatism itself from within our own Republican Party.

Despite the grim task ahead, I am emboldened by great men like George Washington, Thomas Edison, Abraham Lincoln, George S Patton and Ronald Reagan, just to name a few, who went against even greater odds and emerged victorious.

I have made my decision to fight, ironing boards and all.

No comments: