Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Dems Are Confused, the Right Is Fired Up

Sarah Palin's selection in the GOP Veepstakes has surprised a lot of people. Especially the left. So certain that she will doom McCain's campaign, they talk about her as a choice endlessly. In fact, I am at work typing this and I am currently listening to my ultra leftist co workers try to figure out McCain's pick. Conspiracy theories are running wild, discussions of her so called inexperience are being thrown about and heads are spinning. They talk more about her than Obama's acceptance speech.

I for one am trying to figure out this pick as well. I know there is a strategy out there somewhere. And it ain't trying to get the women vote. Behind every simple intention lies a more complicated strategy.

What I can say about the pick is that it succeeded to do at least two things. Energize the conservative base and still distance the campaign from the Washington insider image.

I look forward to seeing more of this as it unfolds.

No comments: