Friday, August 29, 2008

My Theory As To Why McCain Chose Palin

I think I got it. I think I got why McCain chose Sarah Palin. This is just a theory mind you. Sarah Palin is a relative newbie, and since no one knows her, it is the first thing people bring up. The fear, according to Democratic Strategist Paul Begala in his article on CNN.COM, is that she, being a Governor of Alaska for only two years, that she is inexperienced and unfit to fill the role of President should the unthinkable happen to McCain in office. That was my question as well. I am sure that this will be the dominant question on every ones mind.

Now, let's take a step back. Who do we know that has little more experience than Sarah Palin and is not running for Vice President, but for President of the United States? Who else but Barack Obama? Her selection has brought qualification into the mix. Perhaps, according to my theory, that is what her selection was supposed to do. As demonstrated by Paul Begala's article, the dems may have taken the bait.

They themselves have raised the issue of qualification. If you think about it, should Barack or Joe Biden question her qualifications, she can simply snap back, "Well, I have almost as much experience than Barack Obama".

No comments: