Sunday, October 21, 2007

And THIS is what they are offended by?

I have the good fortune, and sometimes pain, of living in San Francisco. I love this city for its culture, prosperity and beauty. But nevertheless, this city is as liberal as they come.

I often sit quietly at my desk as I hear my coworkers talking politics. I know what city I am in, and I am fiercely conservative. So I keep myself out of their heated and sometimes hateful conversations. But being behind enemy lines, so to speak, has given me an interesting view of the left.

For example. Remember when the Iranian president visited a few weeks ago? Well, it may surprise you to know how much they hated him. But then I realized why, and it nearly made me sick.

It was not that he supports terrorism, oppression of free speech, the holocaust, the destruction of the state of Israel, a nuclear armed Iran, sending militants supplies to fight and kill our soldiers, send in special operations troops to kill our men and women in uniform who are working with the Iraqi people to establish a democratic nation. (Heck, this list could go on forever)

No, what ticks them off is that he is against gay. That's right. Oh, and womens rights. Does this make ANY sense to you?! I mean sure, oppression of people due to sex or orientation is bad. (I may not agree with homosexuality, but a person has a right to a personal life. They may have to answer to God later, but that is their choice)

But it baffles me how people can be so stupid.

Well, thats my rant for now

Victory,
The San Francisco Conservative

No comments: