Monday, November 5, 2007

I'm Pro Choice - Paper or Plastic?

Ok, so I'm at the grocery store in downtown San Francisco during my lunch break. I go to get a few lunch making supplies, bread, peanut butter and chex. Simple enough. So when I get to the check out stand, my total is given and I pay for my items. But now an interesting thing develops. I get a paper bag to put my groceries in.

A paper bag can be good for many things, but when it comes to carrying groceries, especially heavy groceries. Nothing beats a steady and easily grabbed plastic bag. Let's face it. Paper bags do not have handles and they are not strong. They are a pain to clench on, and if you have to carry multiple bags, you have to cautiously look over the bags as they are grasped to your chest in what seems like a vain attempt to stay secure.

The reason why I got a paper bag, is because I was not given a CHOICE to use a plastic one. The manager apparently caught the "green" fad and has decided that WE should all suffer!

You know, it figures. Where else but in Liberalsville can you have the choice to kill an innocent unborn infant, but can't choose how you carry your groceries?

But hey, anything to make the ivory tower liberals feel good about themselves right? I'm sure they are thinking to themselves, "I don't see what the fuss is about. Why don't they just have their chauffeurs grab the groceries?". It's bad enough that they think they know what is best for us, but for them to find newer ways to impose their beliefs on us is just horrible!

Listen up America. GREEN SUCKS! The ivory tower free market haters want nothing less than total free market annihilation. They want you to turn off your lights and live like cavemen.

Now the thing is, I care about the environment. I pick up my trash, and from time to time, I even go out of my way to recycle. But this Eco-Nazi Fascism is just too much. It's not like this is the first time they have done something like this. There are no Styrofoam cups or containers allowed to be used at restaurants and other businesses.

I have been in green buildings as well. They are horrible death traps of muggy temperatures and inefficient power. You would be lucky to witness your granddaughter's college graduation by the time the elevator reaches the second floor.

So anyway, down with green.

No comments: