Thursday, November 29, 2007

My thoughts on the YouTube Republican Debate

I managed to watch much of the Republican YouTube debate last night. It was very informative. It further strengthened my beliefs against Ron Paul while making me take a closer look at Mike Huckabee. Up until this point I was more in favor of Fred Thompson or Mitt Romney. Though make no mistake, I would still prefer them over Giulianni.

I think was clenched it for me was the way Mike Huckabee was able to promote his views and back them with common sense instead of just rhetoric. His belief on the Bible was strong as well as his views on gun rights.

Now, a lot of people complain about Romney and his apparent flip flopping over abortion ten years ago. They see it as a sign that he will say anything to be popular. That is, of course, a possibility with ALL politicians. What needs to be considered is where all of us where ten years ago. Have we been made wiser over time? Are we as stubborn or ignorant?

I'll tell you something right now. As a 14 year old kid ten years ago, I was....A Communist! That's right. The vastly right wing, pro free market, anti-affirmative action CONSERVATIVE was a Communist!!! Tut, ignorance in the past can be redeemed by actions in the future. A drug addict may be reformed and be a pillar of the community, a wicked man may find salvation and a man who once supported abortion may one day champion the fight to save the unborn.

Now, in defense of Giulianni, some things you have to do to compromise. In a Democrat Party controlled state, where there was no chance to kick the illegals out, he made a compromise. As long as the leftist regime would not allow action to be taken to rid the state of the illegal infestation, Giulianni decided, correctly in my opinion, that they should at least be documented for the safety of the citizens of New York.

That says a lot. But the most important thing to me is whether or not we get a president, of ANY party who will run in the face of adversity. I do not want that, and America does not want that. Roe V. Wade can be overturned, Gay marriages can be outlawed for good and taxes can be repealed. But a president who is not strong enough to fight and win this war on terror will doom this nation to a reputation of weakness. The wicked will know that their hope lies in wicked acts. And they will know that the American people will not stand for what they believe in.

No comments: